559 Wayback Lane
Manhattan, NY 10107
Mr. Nicholas Paine
Human Resources Manager
Superior Energy Services, Inc
876 Bridge Avenue
Lake Charles, LA 70601
June 17, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Administrative Assistant
Dear Mr. Paine,
I am applying for the position of Administrative Assistant as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Superior Energy Services, Inc.
The experience and skills I have to offer Superior Energy Services, Inc:
• I have spent 8 years of working in administration at various organizations and businesses.
• I have a very warm and personable, yet professional and efficient, telephone manner as the first point of contact with people making enquiries.
• I also have experience of being tactful, friendly and efficient in meeting and greeting clients and visitors.
• I have a thorough understanding of all industry standard computer software commonly used in administration, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
• I have extensive experience in the proper and accepted methods of document filing, both hard copy and electronic.
• I have experience in general clerical duties, such as faxing, photocopying and mailing.
• I have experience in preparing financial plans, budgets and forecasts.
• I have experience in setting up and coordinating conferences and meetings, as well as minute taking at meetings.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (777)-695-6567, or send me an email at email@example.com. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Administrative Assistant.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)