3407 Hart Ridge Road
Durand, MI 48429
Ms. Celina Garcia
Human Resources Manager
Apollo Group, Inc
610 Grant View Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Sep 10, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Admissions Counselor
Dear Ms. Garcia,
I am applying for the position of Admissions Counselor as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Apollo Group, Inc.
The experience and skills I have to offer Apollo Group, Inc include:
• I have a Masters degree in Business Management gained at Albany State University.
• I have 7 years of experience working as an Admissions Counselor in various organizations. Most recently I was employed at Milwaukee Area Technical College.
• I have the necessary experience of recruiting, admitting and enrolling properly qualified prospective students in accordance with the policies and philosophies in force at the various institutions I have worked in previously.
• I have the necessary experience in reading, evaluating and interpreting the academic credentials of prospective students as a basis for making decisions of admission or denial.
• I have experience of working within a recruitment team, assisting with special research projects and programs, as well as the ongoing development of enrolment strategies and procedures and their implementation.
• I have excellent written and verbal communications skills. I am motivated and can demonstrate good self-direction capabilities. I also have good planning and organizational qualities.
• I understand the importance of team building and fitting in with other team members, as well as maintaining respect and understanding of other members of staff.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (111)-169-7508, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Admissions Counselor.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)