4710 Rardin Drive
San Francisco, CA 94107
Ms. Bernice Mollica
Human Resources Manager
Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation
3075 Daffodil Lane
Arlington, VA 22202
Sep 15, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Airline Pilot
Dear Ms. Mollica,
I am applying for the position of Airline Pilot as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation.
The experience and skills I have to offer Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation include:
• I hold an Aerospace Engineering gained at California State University, Long Beach, CA in 2005.
• I have worked for a number of commercial airlines in the past that include the movement of cargo as well as passengers. I have flown a variety of different sized aircrafts, from large intercontinental passenger aircrafts, to smaller cargo aircrafts.
• I have full instrumentation flying experience and certification. I am familiar with the difficulties presented by night flying and varying flying conditions due to inclement weather.
• I am familiar with the need to ensure that fuel, passenger and cargo distribution does not exceed the weight and balance specifications.
• I understand the importance of keeping regular contact with weather forecasters and flight dispatchers to maintain up to the minute information on the latest flying conditions.
• I understand the value of coordinating flight activities with air-traffic control as well as ground crews and other flight personnel.
• I am familiar with all monitoring procedures of all systems during flight and I know how to take the appropriate action in any emergency situation.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (333)-768-5225, or send me an email at email@example.com. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Airline Pilot.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)