4818 Everette Alley
Sunrise, FL 33317
Mr. Dorothy Wheeler
Human Resources Manager
3389 Peaceful Lane
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
July 23, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Analytical Chemist
Dear Mr. Wheeler,
I am applying for the position of Analytical Chemist as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Alliance Scientific.
The experience and skills I have to offer Alliance Scientific include:
• I hold a bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry gained at Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL in 2006.
• I am familiar with the use of modern analytical techniques. These include spectroscopy (infrared and ultraviolet) gas and high performance liquid chromatography, ion chromatography, electro chromatography and others.
• I am familiar with the procedure of analyzing, interpreting and recording data, as well as reporting and presenting the results gained.
• I have experience in analyzing samples from a variety of sources in order to gain information on the compounds, the type of compounds and the numbers present.
• I have experience in interpreting data and I am familiar with the need to adhere closely to any documentation guidelines that may be in place as regards the recording of data.
• I fully understand the importance of working within a team, and also of the collaborative working with other related work teams.
• I have experience in liaising with suppliers, as well as research and scientific staff.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (333)-238-7588, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Analytical Chemist.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)